How to Prepare and Tag Your Items for Sale at Mommy-Wise:
Please carefully read all instructions as they are ALL IMPORTANT TO SUCCESSFUL SELLERS!
- Clean, iron and hang clothing. We have a $3 minimum for clothing items so please create outfits or group up to three items per hanger to achieve this price or higher. Each hanger is considered one item toward your limits on items. IRONING HELPS YOUR ITEMS SELL AND SELL FASTER!!!
- You may group outfits, t-shirts, pajamas or sleepers together with up to three items per hanger. These MUST be the same size and level of brand quality. We will not accept clothing in bags.
- Use hangers that are appropriate for the size clothing. No grown-up hangers and clothes under kid-size 5, please. HANGER HOOK MUST FACE TO THE LEFT, LIKE A QUESTION MARK.
- Disinfect toys and sterilize bottles, bedding, etc.
- Tags for clothing should be attached to the upper right-hand side (as you lay it out facing you - see above photo). Tags must be printed on WHITE or light pastel-colored CARDSTOCK and attached to clothing items withSAFETY PINS or TAGGING GUN BARBS only! If you use a tagging gun only tag items on a seam to prevent holes.
- NO STRAIGHT PINS, STRING, ETC. FOR CLOTHING!
- Pants need to hang straight down on the hanger so that they can be inspected at check in. If you do not have pant hangers, you may use large safety pins attached to either side of the top of the hanger and to the top of the pants. (See picture below)
- Shoes: We now prefer zip-ties to attach shoes together.
- Books maybe placed in ziplock-type bags or bound together with string. Please use masking tape on paper so that it does not tear.
- On toys or other large items, you may use packing tape or tie ribbon on the item and safety pin the tag to the ribbon or string.
- TAPE SHOULD NOT COVER BARCODE ON TAG!
The right and wrong way to hang pants. Attach pants to top of the hanger with safety pins. Please do not fold pants to hang.
Please price your items at 1/4 to 1/2 of the price you paid. Overpriced items DO NOT SELL before half-price day. You will cost yourself many sales if you over-price items. While creating your tags, you may select to discount your item (50% off only) or choose not to offer a discount .
Church Dresses - Smocked: $12-25
Shirts/Polos: $3 - $10 (You may group up to three items on a hanger)
Pants: $3 - $12
Outfits: $3 - $12
HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL SELLER:
- Review the Seller Form (located under Seller Tab) and register through MyConsignemtManager.com on our consignor page by clicking on the "Register to Sell Now" button.
- Pay $10 registration fee through Paypal.
- Register on this site for a CHECK-IN appointment.
- Items must be clean, pressed, and on hangers with the hook facing left (like a question mark). Non-clothing items MUST BE clean and disinfected.
- Tag is placed on the upper right-hand side of clothing. (See photo above)
- No stained items, items with missing buttons or broken snaps, tears etc. or worn, faded, dated or pilled items will be accepted. Please make sure that your clothing is free of pet hair and does not smell of smoke or pets.
- You need to take any non-qualifying items with you at check-in or donate them at that time.
- LIMITATIONS ON NUMBERS: There are no limits on boutique items and these do not count toward your total. Limitations are as follows: a) NB through 12M: 40 hangers per gender b) 18M through size 20: 10 pajama items/consignor/gender.
- We will not be accepting Wal-Mart and K-Mart brands of clothing or shoes. A complete list of brands unaccepted is on this website on the ACCEPTED/UNACCEPTED ITEMS page. MW reserves the right to reject ANY item. We ask that you respect our judgment.
- Seller tags must have a NUMBER size. No small, medium, or large, please.
- WE REQUIRE THE USE OF SAFETY PINS OR TAGGING GUNS to attach clothing tags. Please do not use straight pins, ribbon, clothes pins or tape on clothing.
- All cloth material on toy or baby items must be clean. All toys, furniture, baby equipment and books must be clean.
- All toys requiring batteries must include functioning batteries.
- All unsold items must be picked up on SUNDAY, October 7th from 12pm - 3pm. ANY ITEMS NOT RETRIEVED WILL BE DONATED OR DISPOSED OF AT 3:00PM. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!
- We are having a HALF-OFF SALE on the last day of the sale (Saturday, October 6th from 8:00AM - 3:00PM). You may select "discount" when creating tags on-line in order to participate in this mark-down. If you choose to donate your items, they will automatically be discounted on the final sale day. There is a preview sale for two+ shift TEAM MEMBERS after the sale closes on Friday, October 5th. Some of your items may be sold that night at half-price but this is after we close for regular business.
BARCODING GUIDELINES (what you will need and need to do):
1) Access to a computer, printer and internet with an up-to-date browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc.
2) DO NOT TAPE over the barcodes!
3) MUST USE NORMAL or DRAFT print setting. "Best" quality uses too much ink and causes barcode bleeding.
4) Print out a test page of your barcodes and make sure they are crisp and clear looking.
5) Try not to make your descriptions to the very edge of the description box and try not to use too many capital letters.
6) Use a good description including the brand, color, etc. This is very helpful if your tag becomes separated from your items.
ie> Vineyard Vines Light Blue Corduroy Pants